- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Perform Trade Validation, Query resolution management and trade lifecycle events
- Supporting trade day control on derivatives, Fixed Income, FX & MM transactions
- Performing intersystem reconciliations
- Ensure all trades booked on trade date are processed latest by EOD with their discrepancies resolved and sources secured
- Ensures adherence to country and hub operating policies in area of responsibility, maintaining conformance and consistency of provision.
- • Monitors transaction workflow to ensure that processing is delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Is responsible for the authorisation and release of transactions in area of responsibility.
- Executes control process checks as appropriate to validate transactions.
- Ensures due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus providing support to superiors and subordinates.
- Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
- Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- Knowledge on derivatives will be preferred
- Demand for quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong English communication and written skills
- Able to work autonomously and be a team player
- Front to back product knowledge to extend support across functions as per the Country support model.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Product knowledge on Derivatives, Fixed Income, FX, Money Market
- Experience of working within treasury function in trade verification or matching or settlements
- Knowledge of current prudential and regulatory market initiatives is desired. Familiarity with trade booking practices, SWIFT payment and confirmation gateways.
- Experience of dealing with Clients, Trading or Sales
- System awareness around Reuters, Bloomberg, Markitwire, TriResolve
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.