Assistant IT Project Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Within HSBC Technology and Services, Global Software Delivery enables HSBC to remain at the leading edge in the development and delivery of high-quality, customised banking systems. The division provides tailored, cost-competitive and robust banking solutions and services that offer a flexible and scalable framework for delivering projects on time, within budget and at the highest quality, meeting both the current and future IT challenges facing the Group.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Assistant IT Project Manager - IT SWD Team (GCB 5) .
IT SWD is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing support of the Bank's computer systems operating in Malaysia. Principal Responsibilities
- Define the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
- Manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, communications, budget and risks.
- Define resource needs, responsibilities and schedules.
- Work within project controls and procedures.
- Work within established quality assurance processes.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- Provide guidance and to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives.
- Adhere to HSBC project methodology at all times.
- Possess a degree or diploma in IT with working experience in programming will be advantageous;
- Extensive programming skills;
- Experience in bank operations related application design,application system analysis and project management;
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Able to make reasoned decision and act independently;
- Possess sttrong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure and possible long working hours;
- Proactive, self-motivated and a good team player;
- Driven to ensure success of the Bank.