- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure analysts perform timely resolution of internal & external customer queries.
- Able to escalate customer complaints and propose solutions to resolve them.
- Understands customers' requirements and able to instill a customer-centric culture in the team.
- Understands the various product booking models & able to perform end-to-end settlement processing for all Derivatives (FX, Rates, Commodity and Credit), Fixed Income, FX, Money Market products.
- Assist in 2nd Level approvals in the various settlements systems namely MUREX & OPICS and assist in 1st level processing if needed during contingency.
- Target to decrease processing errors.
- Able to drive quality work within teams and self.
- Adheres to laid out processes and procedures of the bank while completing process actions.
- Prompt and early escalation of risk issues to Line Managers.
- Identify errors and omissions resulting from routine process actions and able to investigate & promptly resolve GL Suspense and Nostro accounts' imbalances & breaks.
- Ensure regular updating of process procedures (DOI).
- Prioritizes and schedule dept. workload accordingly to meet volume peaks & troughs.
- Organizes leave coverage to ensure adequate resources for work continuity in dept.
- Communicates own work plan issues and escalates potential "Bottlenecks' to Line Managers.
- Covers and acts as a back up to Line Manager for extended periods in their absence.
- Supervise a team of junior operations officers/assistants to deliver department goals.
- Assist the Manager in promoting staff training and development.
- Conduct "one-to-ones" with junior officers to gather feedback on their progress and work improvements to enhance overall department cohesiveness and efficiency.
Our Ideal Candidate
Qualification & Experience
- Degree, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in BOps
- Product Knowledge - Advanced
- Product knowledge on Derivatives (FX, Rates, Commodity and Credit), Fixed Income, FX, Money Market
- Experience of working within treasury function in trade verification or matching or settlements
- Process Management - Advanced
- Capacity Planning - Core
- Operations Risk Management - Core
- Precision/Accuracy - Core
- Customer Centric - Core
- Communication - Core
- Problem Resolution - Core
- Financial & Budgetary Management - Introductory
- People Management - Introductory
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.