Assistant Manager, Compliance
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
JOB SCOPE: (role purpose)
To ensure proper guidance and advice are given through compliance review and other means to ensure that distribution channels and its sales force conduct their business ethically and in accordance with applicable local laws, regulations, guidelines and regional compliance standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (key accountabilities) Market Conduct
- Assist in sales compliance support, regulatory guidance and updates to distribution channels with regards to their business operations on sales processes.
- Work together with Regulatory Compliance and distribution channels in managing regulatory changes impacting the sales related process, ensuring gaps and action plans are identified and implemented within agreed timeline.
- Conduct sales compliance monitoring activities, e.g. mystery shopping, agency office visit, compliance review on 1st line monitoring activities, monitoring of key compliance risk indicators (KCRIs), etc., for all distribution channels in accordance with the Annual Compliance Plan.
- Conduct and manage sales compliance training to sales compliance, sales team and sales support team of all distribution channels to improve their understanding on sales regulatory requirements. Develop and update the sales training materials, as appropriate.
- Develop/maintain/improve/update KCRIs relating to all distribution channels to monitor changes in the levels of risk exposure and contribute to the early warning signs that enable the Company to report risks, prevent crises and mitigate them in time.
- Assist in enhancing Sales Compliance programmes, procedures and checklists for periodic monitoring, including taking appropriate steps to improve the effectiveness.
- Assist in periodic internal and external reporting.
- Assist in implementing sales compliance initiatives roll-out by PCA Compliance including development of localised policy and procedures.
- Carry out any sales related assignments as may be assigned from time to time.