Assistant Manager, Compliance
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
To design and implement compliance programmes, policies and procedures to ensure that the Business Functions conduct their business operations ethically and in accordance with applicable local laws, regulations, guidelines, regional compliance standards and prevailing regulatory expectations. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Product Review
- Proactively engage with Product Implementation Committee (PIC) throughout the product approval process to ensure that material Compliance and regulatory risks related to products are identified and appropriately mitigated for new and existing products, marketing campaigns and other related activities
- Provide quality reviews on product related marketing literature to ensure adequate disclosure and transparency of key product features designed to promote informed decision-making by customers and to minimize mis-selling of financial products.
- Review the monthly Investment Compliance Report to ensure compliance with the Investment Mandates and relevant regulatory requirements. Report any non-compliance noted to the relevant Forums and monitor the actions to closure.
- Provide investment compliance related advice and guidance to the Business Functions to ensure adherence with local regulatory requirements.
- Degree in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration or other related discipline.
- At least 3 years working experience in the related field; working knowledge in compliance or internal audit function in financial institutions or in Big Four with insurance or banking engagement would be an advantage.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Knowledge of insurance, banking, asset management or other related financial services operations.
- Good understanding of compliance principles and best ethical practices.
- Good understanding of regulatory guidelines governing the insurance industry or other related financial services.