Assistant Manager, Regional Financial Controls
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch. Job Purpose:
This role is to ensure the effectiveness of internal controls in compliance with corporate objectives and government standards, such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Job Responsibilities: SOX Compliance Management
- Prepare SOX planning document.
- Setup LBU level SOX scoping and risk assessment template.
- Review LBUs' finance/operations process documents to ensure clarity and quality of documentation.
- Perform test of design and operating effectives for finance/operations controls.
- Escalate potential control deficiencies to Manager/Senior Manager and gather the necessary information for further evaluation.
- Act as main liaison/team lead with LBUs for technical, administrative and budgeting matters. Assist LBUs in meeting PCOFR methodology and other Prudential and regulatory requirements.
- Lead team members and guest testers to ensure quality and timely execution of testing and reporting of deficiency.
- Prepare SOX reporting documents and assist in presentations as required.
- Lead, guide and coach the finance/operations team members in both technical and stakeholder management aspects in relation to SOX. Help review certain key deliverables before submission to Manager and/or Senior Manager's review.
Management and Administrative Responsibilities
- Propose action plans to improve the department operating process to improve effectiveness and efficiency in administrative works, SOX scoping, testing and reporting.
PCA Projects and Ad-hoc Assignments
- Assist basic administrative matters such as conference planning and time sheet templates setup as required by Manager/Senior Manager.
- Assist in PCA projects and other ad-hoc assignments.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or IT.
- Professional accountancy qualification is preferred.
- Experience in reputable audit firm or financial services or regional role in MNCs (3 to 4 years' experience) Finance audit and/or IT audit related audit background.
- Knowledge and exposures in SOX 404, COSO Framework, IFRS, internal controls and insurance industries.
- Proven report writing and presentation skill.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing to work long hours as and when required.
- Willing to travel as and when required (60% travel).