Assistant Manager / Manager, Islamic Banking - Wholesale Banking MY
To assist Regional Head, Islamic Wholesale Banking in the management of the overall Islamic Wholesale Banking business within CIMB Group.
- Assist in the formulation and obtaining of approval for business plans and KPIs, and assist in the strategizing to develop the Islamic Wholesale Banking business of CIMB Group
• Assist to develop the Islamic banking business either through CIMB Group direction on sharing / utilising of current infrastructure and operations (also known as CIMB Group DBLM) or any other manner that is deemed suitable and required for the business.
• Assist to identify key objectives, financials, and other performance measures for Islamic Wholesale Banking business of CIMB Group.
• Drive and contribute to the development of Islamic Wholesale Banking market landscape, as well as capitalise on opportunities and mitigate threats.
• Assist in the engagement with the Country Heads of Wholesale Banking and Country Heads of Islamic Banking to foster a close relationship with local regulatory authorities or other authorities.
• Assist Regional Head of Islamic Wholesale Banking towards achieving the overall CIMB Group objectives.
• Collaborate jointly with all Regional and Country Heads of Islamic Wholesale Banking to drive P&L growth and customer portfolio to meet the strategic objectives for CIMB Group in reference to Islamic Wholesale Banking business.
• Drive an innovative approach to product development and services to support the Market Leader aspiration.
• Fulfill any other roles, responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Regional Head of Islamic Wholesale Banking. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification in the relevant discipline (Accounting/Finance/Business/Economics/Financial Engineering/Shariah)
- Chartered Accountant / Qualified Lawyer / Chartered Financial Analyst
- Working knowledge of Shariah
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience of relevant banking background in established banks / financial institutions
- Structuring, marketing and execution of Islamic finance transactions; Shariah; Business & Credit Analysis
- Capital market knowledge and experience
- Strong presentation and influencing skills, required in guiding and assisting teams in putting forward proposals for clients, whenever necessary
- Strong leadership qualities, good people manager, and passionate about people development
- Builds strong culture of excellent service and growth opportunities to attract and retain top talents