Assistant Vice President - Senior Auditor
Job Description: About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading. Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies. Position Description
The role is part of the APAC Corporate Audit team and will be primarily responsible in supporting Malaysia audit coverage. Able to independently execute audit test work on assigned audits in a timely manner and with good quality. Learns business strategies, processes and regulations effectively and quickly, and is alert to the changing nature of risk. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of test work during audit activities
- Uses analytical skills and/or technical expertise to execute assigned audit testing responsibilities, and identifies opportunities to automate testing or create continuous monitoring
- Able to quickly assimilate new information in order to analyze the risks and controls effectively.
- Raises and assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies; recommends appropriate ratings, escalates broad themes or trends, engages in discussions about risk and demonstrates business knowledge
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment; begins to establish business partner relationships
- Begins to demonstrate basic project management skills
- Supports employee development efforts, teamwork and a positive and inclusive work environment
- Support timely and accurate local governance and regulatory submissions in conjunction with the various LOB / Country / Regional audit teams.
- Accounting degree with a minimum of 6-8 years or more of working experience in an Audit or Risk Management role.
- Excellent communication and strong analytical skills. Good knowledge of banking processes/controls and local regulatory requirements. Knowledge or experience in global banking and/or markets businesses (e.g. Corporate Banking, Transaction Banking, Global Markets, etc.) is required.
- Intermediate Analytical / Automation Skills (SQL, SAS, Advanced Excel and Access) would be a plus
Learn more about this role