Associate Banking Large Corp
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Associate Banking Large Corp
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC's global capabilities and footprint allow our Global Banking teams to provide a single coverage point for multinational clients operating internationally. Offering vast expertise and local knowledge, especially in emerging markets, Global Banking products and services have been designed to meet the global financial needs of our clients, whatever and wherever they are.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Associate.
- Develop effective strategies in the development of new and existing Global Banking clients, concentrating on managing larger and/or complex customer and prospective relationships. Emphasis is placed on high-return relationships.
- Ensure that GB's Strategic Plan and Financial objectives are met while balancing the requirements of the Global Account Plan for individual client groups.
- Share a common vision on deliverables to clients with the product specialists without compromising on credit quality;
- Maintain quality service for all customers, monitor relationship profitability and expand existing relationships. Manage down low return clients without any major impact on the global relationship.
- Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and the Bank's interests while remaining within bounds of prudent banking and approved Bank policies and procedures.
- Complete timely and in-depth evaluations or reviews of financial and operating risk for all credits; approve/reject credits within assigned limits according to Bank standards and forward recommendations exceeding the limit as appropriate. Ensure early identification of problem credit accounts and formulate/execute action on potential or existing problem accounts to protect the Bank's interests.
- Foster teamwork within the unit; provide guidance and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Ensure compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with the Bank and regulatory standards
Skills & Attributes
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years banking experience with exposure to corporate credit and lending or business and financial analysis or corporate recovery and restructuring;
- Possess strong credit evaluation, marketing and sales management skills;
- Passionate and with a strong commercial and business sense;
- Sound general banking, corporate banking and capital market knowledge;
- Possesses good analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong in project management, planning and organisational skills;
- Internet savvy and strong PC literacy skills;
- A highly accountable individual and team player with an energetic and flexible working style.