Associate Director - Application Support
Technology groups develop and support systems which provide technical support across the suite of products within Pricing, Valuations & Reference data group. The application support team works closely with a highly competent Client Services team and the core project teams to resolve client issues and improve the platform. Our work helps ensure that all products are providing a high quality service, maintaining client satisfaction while pushing new boundaries in technology.
- Following ITIL best practices of application / technology support to monitor, support, enhance and streamline Production And Application Support for mission critical applications which power IHSMarkit's industry leading range of trade processing products
- Managing a technical support function in a high pressure environment which demands high system performance and accuracy.
- Hands-on Oracle, PL/SQL, Unix, Shell Scripting preferred as this role will contain a hands-on element and will also involve mentoring technical staff within these disciplines.
- Will perform a variety of tasks including coordinating all resources and stakeholders, planning and setting milestones, assigning responsibilities and monitoring, summarizing and communicating progress and status.
Duties & accountabilities
- Expertise in Application and Production support.
- End to end Application support of Markit products on both internally and externally hosted solutions.
- Define and monitor support SLA's, processes and procedures.
- Act as SPOC for all enterprise solution / product delivery teams for their maintenance and support needs.
- Providing support for new cloud technologies while working closely with the business to drive innovation.
- Mentoring and developing the support team
- Day to day management of support team, client issues and incident escalations.
- Able to work with global teams and ensure co-ordination amongst stakeholders.
- Management and support operational and technical incidents from detection to resolution and RCA.
- Responsibilities will include hands-on fault diagnosis and resolution, process creation and optimization, knowledge sharing and delivery against agreed goals and objectives.
- Driving excellent levels of service to the business, effective management & technology strategy development and ownership through defined process.
- The person would require delivering all aspects of production support for various applications along with some of 3rd party vendor products including incident resolution or proactive mitigation, change & problem management; would ensure compliance to all agreed SLAs and requirements.
- Manage relationships with all customers within the support and development application teams across all business lines
Education and Experience Must Have's
B tech or BE
12+ years' experience in Support .Understanding of ITIL and Incident Management process Must
Oracle, PL/SQL Query, Linux/Unix Shell Scripting - Must
Desired - Experienced in Java, J2EE, JEE technologies such as Servlet, JSP, Spring, Hibernate or equivalent object oriented programming language - Desired
Working knowledge of source control tools such as SVN, Perforce, Git - Desired
Networking knowledge - Desired
Experienced in working with Cloud environment (AWS), PAAS, Openshift - Desired
Knowledge of the Financial standards and OTC Derivatives Market
- A background in managing teams supporting products, custom solutions and hosted solutions.
- Extensive proven experience building support teams and establishing procedures / SLA's for team.
- Prior experience working as support team member.
- Handled support of products / solutions on varied technologies such as Unix, Linux, Wintel, Java/ J2EE, .NET, Oracle, MySQL, BI and Data Warehousing applications etc.
- Deep knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring tools and technologies.
- Excellent client relationship and client expectation management skills
- Good team player
Able to represent the team at various levels.
Keen problem solver with analytical nature and excellent problem solving skillset
Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in the English language.
Must be proficient at communicating complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
Must portray a strong professional work ethic to other team members.
Be able to work flexible hours including some weekends and possibly public holidays to meet work demands and project deadlines.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.