Associate Director, Private Capital Services
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services, Malaysia is a center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. RBC I&TS's Private Capital Services delivers specialist corporate fund administration, fund accounting, transaction management and shareholder services to Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure Funds and other Private Capital Services Structures.
The Associate Director, PCS Malaysia, is responsible leading day to day operations across the department's key activities: PCS Fund Accounting, Transaction Management and Shareholder services, and for overseeing and assuring the disciplined execution of critical client service delivery, people, continuous improvement and risk and control initiatives.
Working hours: 4:00pm - 1:00am What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Responsible for the day today management of the PCS teams within the department, including direct management and responsibility for a subset of those teams
- Fostering a client mindset throughout the team to ensure delivery of the services to internal and external clients within prescribed timeframes with a high level of quality
- Ensuring day to day operations are efficient and productive
- Lead continuous focus on quality, efficiency and risk mitigation programs through effective employee management and continuous development of the most efficient and effective organisational structure for the team, with a focus on risk mitigation
- Support and lead recruitment and team development to assure the continuing capability and capacity required to enable disciplined best execution of all client focused initiatives, to include hiring, people development, team structuring, workflow oversight, and change and onboarding tracking and stakeholder management
- Origination, refinement and assuring disciplined execution of improvement and other initiatives support the objectives of Client Operations, Malaysia
- Ensure across the department satisfactory compliance with all audit and that regulatory requirements and key service level agreements are met
- Minimum 10 years in relevant financial service expertise with at least 5 years in a management role
- Deep operational Management experience and expertise
- Good knowledge about Fund/Trust Industry and Financial Markets in general and familiarity with illiquid asset classes such as real estate, private held equity and private debt in an administrative or accounting environment
- Prior exposure to Operational Risk and the corresponding risk monitoring tools
- Exceptional people management and development credentials
What's in it for you?
- Private equity or real estate fund administration expertise within an industry or professional services environment
- Business administration or professional qualification (e.g. accountancy)
- Cross-border operating model and transitions experience
- Project management experience, with an emphasis on operational enhancement
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded