Associate Director, Transaction Management
What is the opportunity?
Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. The country employs a global operating model to maximise efficiencies across time zones and supports a 24/5 operations.
Reporting to the Director of Transaction Management & Middle Office, Malaysia, you will lead and direct all securities trade processing (cash & securities), settlement follow-up activity, cash processing and foreign exchange management for operations in Kuala Lumpur serving the hubs of London, Luxembourg, Switzerland & Ireland ; ensuring operational excellence through efficient utilization of global best practices. Region : UK/LUX Working hours : 3PM - 12AM /4PM - 1AM What will you do?
- Operational Effectiveness - Develop and implement comprehensive operating procedures and establish an environment of continuous improvement that assesses workflow, processes and procedures on an ongoing basis to maximize efficiency and quality within the department and alignment with globally harmonized and agreed procedures.
- Risk Management - Ensure procedures are adequate to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory & audit requirements as well as internal risk management policies to mitigate financial/reputational risk for existing processes as well as new transitions.
- Client Service, Sales and Relationship Management Support - Accountable for ongoing satisfaction of clients by ensuring deliverables meet client needs and expectations by acting as the senior point of contact and participating actively in Transaction Management Functional Working Group.
- Human Resources Management and Development - Build a high performance team and ensure human resource policies are effectively implemented and administered.
- General Management - Participate as a member of Operations Management Team, in the development, implementation and execution of strategies and business plans across the business.
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- People Management - Directly manage a team from a business and people perspective ; this an extended role from the existing mandate as mentioned above.
- Experience in financial services industry (operations environment) and handling large groups of operations professionals.
- Strong innovation and change management orientation.
- In-depth risk mgmt. knowledge.
- Superior interpersonal and networking skills with a proven track record of dealing with clients, industry associations, senior management, colleagues and staff.
- Flexible in working hours (shift hours) and able to work from both location KL and Cyber
What's in it for you?
- Post-secondary education with an accounting/finance or business concentration or equivalent experience.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded