About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To manage the operations of the Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM) in ensuring consistent delivery of high quality services to customers and meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated while maintaining operational risk to an accepted level.
- To manage daily operations to achieve service quality by meeting / exceeding service standards and achieving zero defect for Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM)
- To discharge operational duties of the Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM) , as instructed by the Manager of the Unit/ Head of Department and ensure that the established service standards are met
- Direct staff responsibilities as per current Organization Chart in Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM)
- Ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes/ judgment.
- Leading the Cash Management Operations to achieve quality service by meeting the prescribed objectives and goals. Assist the Manager in overseeing the daily operations of the Payment team and contribute towards meeting the team's objectives.
- Manage staff individual performance, against set objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives. Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates.
- Primarily process within the TAT agreed with CPC in the SLA and also other functions as requested by the Manager/ Head of Department.
- Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.), defect management and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
- Verify transactions processed by Service Lead, Senior Global Operations Officer and Global Operations Officer and authorize those that fall within own-delegated release authority. Checking of and/or approving customer payment order against Payment system.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with appropriate persons in the Spoke countries, Group offices and within the Company itself to facilitate an open and direct communication of issues, needs, queries, etc. such that these may be responded to in an efficient, prompt and professional manner.
- Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for anti-money laundering prevention and sanctions related checking (i.e. Understanding the policy, reporting procedure and escalation procedure)
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to anti-money laundering and Sanctions related checking, by acquiring relevant knowledge and training and provide support to superiors and subordinates.
- Conforming and adhering to the Team's risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, CMS Policies, and reconciliation of outstanding items, scanning, SCSTAR and end-of-day reports.
- Ensure that control and security policies / procedures governing all processes in the department are in place, implemented and reviewed (as and when necessary) and to ensure that these policies / procedure not only continue to be relevant and effective in mitigating risk, but also supports the need for high operational efficiency and excellent customer service.
- Ensure that all staff of the department continues to be equipped and developed with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to achieve the required level of competency to facilitate them to perform their roles and responsibilities effectively, efficiently and accurately.
- Facilitate the building of a performance-driven organization by setting SMART objectives, constantly reviewing the dept's and individual performance against these objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives.
- Responsible for succession planning for key positions, managing the attrition of employees and ensuring that a plan is developed and executed for high potential individuals in the department.
- Contribute towards the future strategic direction and process innovation of Payment by keeping abreast of changes in customer needs, technology and business environment and taking pro-active steps to embrace and capitalize on these changes.
- Any ad-hoc roles changes will require Head of Department or Manager's approval before assuming new role temporarily or permanently in line with segregation of duties.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .