Audit Manager, Markets and Securities Services
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance to management and the risk and audit committees as to whether the framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning.
We are currently seeking an individual to join the Global Internal Audit team in that covers Markets and Securities Services, in the role of Audit Manager, Markets and Securities Services
, based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Principal responsibilities:
- Lead sections of audits of Markets and Securities Services businesses (such as Institutional and Corporate Sales, Markets Treasury, Custody, Fund Services, Foreign Exchange Trading, Fixed Income Trading, Equities Trading) and contribute to the execution of most stages in the audit lifecycle: team preparation, logistics, planning, fieldwork, testing, documentation, issue writing, report delivery, post-report issue validation, and ongoing stakeholder engagement;
- Complete audits in main bank offices and off-shore shared service centres;
- Contribute to a programme of continuous monitoring for some businesses or countries through regular meetings with stakeholders, participation in business governance forums, ongoing analysis of business risk profiles, and delivery of continuous monitoring reports;
- Assist in people development, through peer-coaching, contributing to training sessions;
- Contribute to the wider development of Global Internal Audit, through collaborating with other audit teams, considering how audit can use data analytics, agile techniques and other innovations; and
- Maintain and enhance stakeholder relationships through regular bilateral meetings, appropriate challenge in business risk governance forums, and keeping in touch with business, regulatory and industry developments.
You will be:
- Knowledgeable about general banking risks, processes and controls, with a specific focus on Markets and Securities Services products, businesses and risks;
- Familiar with key processes and controls over activity 'off-shoring' and shared service centres;
- An analytical thinker who is confident approaching areas outside of your expertise, getting to the heart of the key features and aspects quickly;
- A good communicator, verbally and in writing, and able to present and influence, even when delivering difficult messages to stakeholders;
- A professional with several years of experience working in a dynamic, complex and ambiguous environment, with achievements in a relevant business or function, such as an audit function, finance, risk management, compliance, or business management; dedicated to continually improving your own skills, which could be demonstrated by holding relevant professional qualifications such as in accountancy, finance or risk management, and keeping up-to-date with developments in the banking industry, markets and regulations;
- Good at managing multiple competing priorities on different concurrent projects, and able to ensure delivery of objectives through analysis of options and coming to pragmatic decisions; and
- A team player, with a desire to help the team as a whole achieve its objectives;
- The base location for this role is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, with some travel regionally and occasionally globally.