- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- LMA Recruitment
- 17 May 18
Audit Manager, Risk
This world class leading Bank is seeking an Audit Manager, with experience in credit, market and operational risk, for its Group Internal Audit Function. The qualified individual will provide an audit capability for the Risk Function.
- Maintain a working relationship with senior management in credit, operational and market risk to understand business strategy, plans, performance, risk and issues.
- Maintain up-to-date information on the area of responsibility; provide expert audit advice and ad hoc value added services.
- Contribute to risk assessment for the Risk function by applying relevant business insights along with key and emerging risk trends – internal, external and regulatory.
- Participate as team member and support the team leader by executing audit planning, fieldwork, reporting and issue tracking for work assigned in an efficient and effective manner such that audit work meets the given budget, quality standards and timelines required by the GIA methodology.
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative data to diagnose underlying issues, patterns and root causes, as a part of regular audits.
- Monitor/track assigned audit issues and action plans, and report overdue items to the appropriate responsible person within GIA for escalation to the appropriate business manager and/ or governance committee for resolution.
- Apply a high level of attention to detail to ensure audit reports are accurate, clear and articulate key risks, root causes and impact.
- Ensure timely escalation of delays in conforming to methodology standards, both to auditee management and GIA management.
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance on credit, operational and market risk to team leaders, team members and other interested parties to enable them to effectively deliver their assigned contributions for an audit and to increase knowledge awareness
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 7 years working experience in internal (or external) audit functions or a risk management practitioner who has deep subject matter expertise in credit, operational and market risk
- Intermediate understanding of quantitative / statistical approaches used in credit and market risk management
- Quantitative focused university degree (Master degree preferred)
- Working experience or knowledge of risk based audit approaches, audit methodologies, audit software and toolkits;
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with an ability to influence and an ability to gain the respect of senior management, regional stakeholders, peers and their team;
- Ability to exercise independency, good professional judgment and objectivity;
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, honesty, flexibility, trustworthiness in the performance of activities;
- Ability to foster a participative and cooperative working environment; to engage and work cross functionally, transverse cultural diversity and geographies;
- A self-starter, who accepts personal responsibility, is results orientated and who can work independently with minimal supervision but can also collaborate and work within in a team;
- Ability to act as a change agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
- Related professional audit certification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, ICMA, IIA, CISA. CIA etc) is desirable but not essential.
EA Reg no: R1221146
EA Licence No: 11C4684
Company Reg. No: 201131609D