Audit & Assurance - Technical Director (Professional Practice Group)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community.
Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
Your primary role is to contribute towards the various engagement technical accounting and auditing projects, such as the development of technical resources, delivery of technical updates and training, and participating in technical working committees. You would also be involved in providing research analysis and guidance to client service teams in addressing a broad range of accounting and auditing issues.
To be successful, you should be enthusiastic and innovative, and have the necessary audit and assurance client service experience, as well as a keen interest in the practical application of accounting and auditing standards. The ability to communicate proficiently both verbally and in writing is a pre-requisite. Work youll do
You will be provided with challenging assignments and interesting work, including:
Your role as a leader
- Providing timely, practical and technically sound advice and guidance to client service teams relating to a broad range of accounting and auditing issues.
- Maintaining and developing tools, templates and resources to assist audit and assurance practitioners in performing their engagements.
- Communicating new and upcoming audit and assurance related information to the practice.
- Managing audit technical matters, specifically in the maintenance and continuous improvement of audit technical resources in audit practice.
- Assisting in developing and delivering audit and assurance technical excellence training to partners and practitioners.
- Any other duties/projects as assigned from time to time.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Directors across our Firm are expected to:
- Lead and act as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels, whilst continuously promoting a sense of loyalty and energizes others to act.
- Build and sustain a high performance culture by cultivating and amplifying individual and team strengths.
- Continuously develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiates Deloitte.
- Develop and sustain long-term, trust-based relationships with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Communicates strategic direction effectively, to excite people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse teams to achieve success.
- Manage the sustainable development of a strong pipeline of talent for current and future success, by driving a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte.
- Lead behavioral and cultural change through a supportive, collaborative and highly inclusive environment where team members feels supported, respected and engaged.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CPA Australia, MICPA or equivalent).
- At least 8 -10 years of audit and assurance client service experience.
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and auditing standards;
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and complete tasks/projects in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Strong ability to listen, analyze and resolve issues independently.
- Conceptual thinking and pragmatic in execution.
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Ability to work within a team (both local and virtual) as well as independently when required.
- Some experience in a role within audit quality, risk management and/or learning is beneficial but not mandatory.