- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 23 Oct 18
The Automation Lead must work with the test and application delivery team(s) to lead the automation test development, with the aim to improve the quality of the product delivered to the stakeholders as per project requirement. The automation test effort shall help improving the overall productivity and integrate into the DevOps process. They are also responsible for highlighting risks to the delivery lead, test manager and/or business stakeholders through timely and precise execution of automated test scripts under minimal supervision.
Experience level preferred - 8-10 years of relevant test experience.
§ Identify issues in requirements, design specifications, application architecture and product documentation.
§ Design, define and develop the Test Automation Strategy for the delivery team.
§ Design and develop the relevant automation framework that suits different software/systems that's applicable for the project delivery.
§ Coach and guide the testing teams on Test Automation Development. Transforming the team towards automation.
§ Develop test bed and/or test data and verify test environments (based on project requirements).
§ Perform functional and technical test execution activities (automated testing, where applicable) as per project engagement.
§ Constant communication and follow up with various stakeholders during test planning and execution phases.
§ Report and update test status promptly and accurately.
§ Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and statistics of the project in relation to the test quality.
§ Conduct reviews and inspections of project deliverables.
§ Good understanding and able to apply test processes laid down within standards as defined by project and SCB.
§ Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by QMF).
§ Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
§ Establish a close working rapport with project team to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
· Degree in Information Technology/Computing
· ISTQB certification or equivalent is a plus.
Experience and Skill :
· Minimum of 4 years working experience in Automation Testing
· Full software development lifecycle experience
· A leader in implementing Test Automation
· Experience in software testing (System test, System Integration test, Performance test and etc)
· Experience in Agile methodology
· Familiar in Jira, Selenium and Gherkin (Cucumber, LoadRunner, JMeter, Java, GIT/STASH is a plus)
· Basic knowledge in the banking (Channels, Wealth or Trade) domain and experience in delivering large test management programs and distributed environment is a definite plus
· Hands on experience with Agile methodologies and practices.
· Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
· Excellent communication & co-ordination skills.
· High degree of ownership & self-drive to manage issues to closure.
· Excellent problem-solving skills; meticulous and methodical.
· Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
· Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices (Agile).