Business Analytics Analyst
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
Business Analytics Analyst
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of small, medium-sized and middle-market enterprises, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, wealth management and insurance and global trade and receivables finance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Business Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps customers make the most of opportunities for their businesses.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of CMB Business Analyst.
Responsibility for leading business and operational analytical development and production. This includes maximizing profitability via the use of actionable analytics to support key business objectives. Creating meaningful analyses to develop, maintain and improve high quality & validated strategies
- Use own initiative to increase data availability and provide analytical inputs in support of business objectives
- Deliver analytics projects assigned in part or whole
- Deliver a range of analyses for scheduled projects as well as impromptu needs of the business
- Provide validation and utilises standardised definitions for delivery of analytical projects and analyses
- Provide analytical support for implementation of Global standards
- Check the appropriateness of all analysis requests to ensure business units are making the best possible decisions based on known information. Puts forward own ideas & suggestions
- Act a a key business contact for a channel, product or program within the team's functional area and works with stakeholders across the business
- Take the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) of specific business area(s) and provides support to other team members in the expertise area
- Keep internal and external stakeholders aware of timelines and works to deliver those in time
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working with customer date, mining large dataset for the purposes of generating insight for the business
- Analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to work without constant direction
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Ability to interact with all levels of commercial customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Qualifications and/or training courses
- Working knowledge of CMB's proposition / product capabilities
- Working knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities