The Legal Entity Control team is part of the Office of the CFO and is responsible for the local and US financial reporting and regulatory filings of the legal entities in Malaysia. It also manages external relationships with regulators and auditors. The team is involved in the analysis of legal entity implications for new business developments and changes in regulatory framework. It also monitors the effectiveness of internal control environment and legal entity governance, ensures optimal use of legal entities, and ensures adequate capital management and financial ratios of the legal entities.
The successful candidate will work in the ‘Legal Entity Controller’ (LEC) Team in Malaysia. This individual will be assist in performing the regulatory reporting and participate in key projects in location. The candidate must be very highly motivated and capable of working individually as well as in a team.
Specific responsibilities may include:
· Keep abreast with the recent regulatory and accounting developments / changes and analyze impact and ensure compliance of these changes
· Handle ad-hoc projects with good time management, and presentation to Management team.
· Assist in preparation of the periodically regulatory filings for Malaysia entities.
· Help prepare and provide detailed analysis on monthly financials reports, proactively seeks for process improvements.
· Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
· Analytical and open mind and a strong team player supporting the regulatory reporting team / LEC team.
· Think strategically to improve procedures; drive process enhancement projects; partner with other Finance teams within Office of the CFO to review, test and implement process changes
· Be able to handle complex tasks independently, and proactive in providing solutions.
Specific requirements are:
· Broad understanding of banking products.
· Familiar with the current local regulatory guidelines and policy pertaining to banking industry.
· Possess strong communication, inter-personal and organizational skills.
· Possess strong understanding of numeric data and analytic skills, with good attention to details.