CMB Global Standards Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
CMB Global Standards Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of small, medium-sized and middle-market enterprises, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, wealth management and insurance and global trade and receivables finance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Business Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps customers make the most of opportunities for their businesses.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of CMB Global Standards Manager.
The role holder is expected to support the Head of Global Standards for the delivery of key change/transformation initiatives in Malaysia via close cooperation with all stakeholders within Malaysia CMB, HTS (particularly Change Delivery and Service Delivery) and Global functions. The role holder is also responsible for providing analytical support to senior management within the Business Implementation team including preparing project documentation and monitoring key project deliverables.
· Support strategic reviews CMB business lines to ensure progress against '5 Filters'
· Ensures strategic alignment of Malaysia CMB with Global and their imperatives
· Contributes towards development, assessment and implementation of strategic/transformation initiatives across the business and tracks benefits
· Ensures effective communication and understanding of the strategic transformation/agenda
· Ensures close and effective working relationships with key stakeholders: Global, Regional and Country CMB (Business lines/segments); HTS (IT, Change Delivery); Global functions (e.g. Risk, Finance); Malaysia RBWM
· Provides expert implementation support for key projects, including ensuring delivery to high standards, ensuring world class governance, effective engagement of key stakeholders and promotion of collaboration and the application of best practices across CMB
· Recommends and manages effective governance mechanisms for decision making and for appropriate escalation of information to line & senior management
· Act as a role model to less experienced team members
· Assist, guide and support team members and stakeholders as required
· Leads and/or works with cross functional teams to deliver diverse range of projects / issues
· Recommends & supports key governance mechanisms to ensure strategic initiatives are robust, aligned & effectively delivered
· Strategic awareness and commercial acumen
· Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment especially in the financial services sector.
· Ability to extract data from large information received through varied sources to manipulate/calculate/format into presentable reports, charts and graphs
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including excel, powerpoint, word & visio
· Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed capacity to influence senior teams
· Highly developed communication, presentation and influencing skills set.
· Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions
· Ability to prioritise and work independently under pressure within a team environment
· Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve complex problems whilst managing ambiguity, adhering to timelines and ensuring high quality of output.
· Ability to filter and prioritise multiple demands, resolve conflicts, and develop consensus
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to think innovatively while retaining a strong focus on customer-centricity