Chief Information Officer, Malaysia
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
The area comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC's technology strategy to support the Group's goals
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team as Chief Information Officer, Malaysia .
- Lead the direction, management and oversight of Technology Services across all Global Businesses and Functions in Malaysia, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer of HSBC Malaysia
- Develop the Technology roadmap for HSBC Malaysia, aligned to the regional and global agenda
- Able to actively engage with Group Information Technology Heads to drive HSBC Information Technology Strategy
- Identify opportunities to enhance productivity and execution across the Technology function, including direct cost, headcount management, and annual planning for country teams
- Provide country Chief Operating Officer with full oversight of, and advice on, all Technology issues related to Malaysia
- Attend relevant country Chief Operating Officer-chaired governance committees, engaging in and managing key Technology topics
- Support Regional Chief Information Officer in maintenance of relevant government, regulatory and Board relationships
- Resolve critical Technology incidents and co-ordination of key change and delivery deployments in Malaysia
- Manage Technology Engineering Teams for application development, remediation, and service management
- Ensure that all country demand is clearly articulated within global portfolios and for ensuring that relevant information is captured to enable local demand to be prioritised at the regional and global level
- Maintain awareness of business, regulatory and market issues, providing support and thought leadership to enhance the Technology function
- Ensure compliance with all Global Standards in addition to all applicable laws, regulations, compliance and risk policies and procedures
- Motivate and inspire the team to achieve the high professional standards in delivering to business objectives
- Solid experience managing a Technology function with a proven track record of success
- Experience in managing operational and people related issues as well as change delivery projects for a very large team
- Flexibility in approach to deliver on job requirements that are evolving, and having a change the bank mindset to leading change delivery
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to clearly articulate and manage risk issues as well as strategy
- Ability to form effective relationships and influence at senior Executive Committee levels internally as well as external stakeholders like Regulators and Board
- Demonstrated ability to assess internal and external Technology trends and industry developments
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, independent with high energy and results-orientation
- Strong understanding of HSBC Group strategies and experience in collaborating with business partners on strategic execution