Cloud Database Administrator (MongoDB)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. The role:
The Cloud Database Administrator is a team member involved in many aspects of a Cloud Engineering Team; from the collaboration with other team members and customers to determine the best solution for a particular engagement to the design, development and delivery of database products.
You will be part of an immersive training experience with our existing Cloud DBA Engineering Team to learn quickly Cloud engineering and fundamentals, best practices, and skills. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the state of the art in cloud development and deliver our next generation of Audit Solutions in the Cloud! Work you'll do:
Developing and implementing the following standards:
- Cloud design and implementation using Microsoft Azure.
- Build automation and verification testing.
- Assisting with environmental configuration, automated deployment and testing.
- Assisting in implementation of automatically creating environments in the cloud.
- Assisting in implementation of end-to-end governance of software deployment.
- Bringing continuous improvement to database processes and tools.
Operational support as following:
Your role as a leader
- Be part of the on-call coverage for the operation support.
- Assisting in deployment during off-hour including weekend.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Analysts across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
Desired Skills (good to have):
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- PostgreSQL (Optional).
- Experience creating automation for database deployment, update, backup, recovery, testing, and maintenance.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility to ensure team success and quality solutions.
- Team player that understands how your own work is important to the team's success.
- Ability to multitask across different projects.
- Demonstrate the capability to work with the tools involved to implement and ensure compliance with the process put in place.
- Professionalism; to include written and oral communication - the ability to communicate collaboratively in front of a whiteboard. An ability to understand your audience and adjust your communication style to fit them.
- A desire to constantly learn and share new knowledge.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- 3+ years relevant professional work experience.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services.
- Experience with Cloud automation.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MQ155-167880-2019