Consultant/Senior Consultant - Actuarial & Insurance - MY
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. Work you will do
Deloitte's Insurance practice helps clients improve profitability while balancing the demands of regulatory change and shifting customer expectations.
Your role as a leader
- Participate in / Manage on-going insurance/actuarial projects, ranging from valuation and pricing, Merger & Acquisitions ("M&A"), process improvement, auditing, marketing activities and research and development with extensive client engagement opportunities.
- You will also be heavily involved with IFRS 17, risk and capital management around the South East Asian region.
- You are expected to have strong Prophet modelling skills and have had at least five years working experience in the life insurance industry.
- You will work closely with the regional teams based in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Australia.
- You can expect to manage projects and junior team members. These projects may span multiple workstreams (both technical actuarial and non-actuarial) and at the same time you may have to maintain key client contacts and liaison.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Understand the goals of Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction by establishing a positive relationship with a senior stakeholders.
- Influence teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
If you are someone with:
- At least 3 years of experience in Life Insurance
- Advanced Prophet modelling skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Access)
- Any other computing skills in R/Python/VBA/SAS/SQL is an advantage.
- Progressing well in the actuarial exams.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills in English, be self-motivated, and be able to work in stressful situations with changing priorities.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think out-of-the-box, work under pressure and tight project timelines.
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented.
- Proven demonstration of sound business acumen, teamwork and leadership qualities.
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.