Consultant/Senior Consultant - Technology Strategy & Transformation (Japan Collaboration) - MY
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. Work you will do
We are seeking exceptional, highly skilled individuals to join Japanese Client Services / Japan SEA Collaboration as full time Consultant/Senior Consutlant.
Recognizing the strong momentum of investment by Japanese companies' in ASEAN, our Consulting groups in Southeast Asia and Japan launched a collaboration in 2012 to provide a wide range of business consulting services for over 100 Japanese clients across the region, including some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world.
In response to the expansion of Japanese businesses in Southeast Asia, there have been numerous collaboration initiatives between Deloitte Southeast Asia and Japan since 2012. Now there are over 100 consultants of diverse nationalities across the ASEAN region focusing on Japanese clients. We also have a joint training program for new consultants, and through the engagements with multinationals and ASEAN companies, we are able to build their capabilities and experience and provide our people with meaningful experiences, and a unique career path.
This role sits within the Technology Strategy and Transformation (TS&T) team of Deloitte Southeast Asia, which encompasses IT Strategy and Transformation. As a leader of this group, you will drive the growth of our TS&T business in the region and be responsible for the creation, sale and delivery of TS&T solutions: IT Strategy, Application & Systems Development, IT Business Transformation, etc.
- You will provide end-to-end advisory and overlay point-of-views and industry insights onto the research and analyses provided by the project teams, and seek to formulate innovative technology-enabled solutions to address our clients' business needs.
- You will manage the assessment and business requirements gathering processes, review appropriateness of functional specifications against the problem statements/business requirements, and support solutions prototyping and architecture re-design by applying industry insights and know-hows.
- You will engage our clients in discussions, presentations and workshops to validate technology-enabled solutions provided by the project teams, as well as perform walk-through of work products and deliverables with the clients.
- You will develop trusted relationships with your clients and gain recognition in the marketplace for technical and advisory capabilities across the spectrum.
- You will provide quality assurance and ensure timely delivery of work products developed by the project teams.
- You will actively coach project teams during the execution of projects and support senior team members in maintaining operational excellence at all times.
- You will meet clients on a regular basis to define problem statements, analyze key priorities/issues, and work with senior team members to develop responses to client enquiries, formulate proposals and produce point-of-view publications.
- A good honors Degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Business, Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Consultant/Senior Consultant will require a minimum of 6 years of experience in IT management consulting.
- Experience in both advisory as well as implementation experience in the following areas:
- IT Strategy : IT strategy development, IT governance, IT operating model, enterprise architecture
- IT Transformation : IT sourcing advisory, program and project management advisory
- IT Operations : IT service management, IT shared service management
- IT Optimization : IT cost reduction, IT Merger & Acquisition
- Understanding of current IT trends (cloud computing, big data, social media, RPA, IoT, blockchain, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills in English, be self-motivated, and be able to work in stressful situations with changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think out-of-the-box, work under pressure and tight project timelines
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented
- Proven demonstration of sound business acumen, teamwork and leadership qualities.
- Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all...
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
- Proficiency in the Japanese language (Business Level) due to regional project requirements.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.