Consultant - Core Business Operations - Operations Transformation (Japan Collaboration) - MY
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. Work you will do:
We are seeking exceptional, highly skilled individuals to join Japanese Client Services / Japan SEA Collaboration .
Recognizing the strong momentum of investment by Japanese companies' in ASEAN, our Consulting groups in Southeast Asia and Japan launched a collaboration in 2012 to provide a wide range of business consulting services for over 100 Japanese clients across the region, including some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world.
In response to the expansion of Japanese businesses in Southeast Asia, there have been numerous collaboration initiatives between Deloitte Southeast Asia and Japan since 2012. Now there are over 100 consultants of diverse nationalities across the ASEAN region focusing on Japanese clients. We also have a joint training program for new consultants, and through the engagements with multinationals and ASEAN companies, we are able to build their capabilities and experience and provide our people with meaningful experiences, and a unique career path.
When it's time to reinvent how the wheels turn in your organization-to react, innovate and reconfigure your business, our Operations Transformation professionals' deep sector knowledge, coupled with our operational and technical expertise, bring your strategy to life in delivering lower-cost, more effective and fit-for-the-future operations that underpin profitable growth. We plan and deploy game-changing cognitive and digital technology to reduce costs, maximize efficiency, transform payments and revenue processes, and benefit from innovative and emerging business models.
You will work alongside our clients to help them make decisions and implement solutions based on "Heart of the Business" transformation strategies to drive business value. You will also assist in determining the requirements of clients' projects and programs by defining, analyzing, and managing requirements to help fulfill their needs. You will have the opportunity to exercise strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the chance to solve complex problems and communicate your findings. Finally, you will work independently and collaboratively in a team.
You will support our clients in their transformation journey by:
- Identify opportunities and define strategies for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports.
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products.
- Assessing restructuring operating models, organizational structures, and business processes to streamline core operations' service delivery.
- Assist in proposal development, as requested.
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients.
- Proficiency in the Japanese language (Business Level) due to regional project requirements.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution
You are someone with:
- Tertiary qualification in a business or finance discipline with a well ranked institution and/or currently enrolled in a MBA program.
- 3 - 5 years and above of professional experience in a transformation or consulting role with exposure to one or more of the following segments: Financial Services, Government & Public Sectors, Technology Media & Telecommunications
- A strong and demonstrated track record in management consulting with experience of engaging in business, operations transformation issues for clients;
- Experience and skills to drive insights, develop initiatives and engage stakeholders across different functions to set strategic directions and rationale that lead to operational change and execution
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and learn independently;
- Emotionally intelligent: high ability to build strong relationships that inspire openness and trust; to collaborate in teamwork settings with colleagues and clients; and to balance inquiry and advocacy in all personal interactions;
- Comfortable with working on difficult issues where there can be no definitive "right" answer; patient in the face of uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity;
- Capable of working on multiple, overlapping tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Willing to work in fast-paced and, at times, high pressure entrepreneurial environment
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have full travel mobility and the right to live and work in Malaysia.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.