Corporate Services – Accounting Manager
Line of Service Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
General Tax Consulting Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised tax solutions and tax accounting advice based on their niche and business need. You'll support the team with deferred tax validation projects, remediation and restatement, tax basis balance sheets and financial statement carve out preparation.
We offer an array of business process outsourcing options to businesses whether they are small/medium sized companies, large multinationals, new start ups or established organisations. The role:
- Manage and grow the Accounting Services team that is focused on the outsourced accounting business
- Responsible for overall operational effectiveness of the unit by initiating process reviews and improvements
- Oversee day to day operational activities involved in servicing accounting clients
- Responsible for managing portfolios delivery timeline, net revenue, billing and collection
- Manage and grow a team of effective professionals to serve clients' needs including work review, coaching and staff development
- Support business development in presenting range of services provided by unit to secure new clients
- Preparation and review of full sets of statutory financial statements in local GAAP according to Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS) and Private Entities Reporting Standards (PERS)
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional application instructions
- Recognized University Degree in Accounting or Professional qualification or related discipline.
- Possess minimum 6 years of work experience
- Must be familiar with accounting standard and framework such as MFRS, MPERS, GAAP, etc.
- Experience with Sage UBS, XERO and/or other accounting software
- Excellent team work and client handling skills
- Well organized, able to multitask and priorities portfolios
- Possess good spoken and written skills in English
- Experience in outsourcing environment an added advantage
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English, Malay Travel Requirements
Up to 20% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
Yes Job Posting End Date