"The future workforce is an equal one - we are setting the goal to achieve a gender balanced workforce by 2025. Find out more here . " https://www.accenture.com/my-en/gender-equality-research-2017
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com . Job Description
A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. DBA is also involved in the planning and development of the database and troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. Key responsibilities
- Responsible to plans and organize database activities regarding reliability, performance monitoring and tuning, security, back-up and disaster recovery
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training, providing information and resolving problems.
- Supports database functions. Codes, edits, installs and verifies store procedures and functions for accessing, maintaining and populating databases
- Recommends and implements database solutions to support data integrity efforts
- Implement required security controls are designed around data and databases
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Participates in cross-team and cross-project implementations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed