Developer / System Engineer
About the Role
In line with team objectives, policies and procedures and under guidance of a more senior team member, to design, develop specifications, code, install, test and maintain high quality application software and associated tools. Responsabilities
- Design, develop, test and integrate new features, new components and improvements to existing product functionality
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Translate customer requirements into technical design and functional specifications
- Bug fixing on maintenance releases
- Code review and testing
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by other team members
Education & Experience
- University degree in computer science, or adjacent domain.
- Minimal 5 years of experience in a similar position in a comparable technical environment.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in object-oriented design, algorithms, and software design
- Extensive knowledge of Java ( knowledge of C++ will be an advantage)
- Extensive knowledge of the security aspects in software design and development
- Extensive knowledge in security technologies (PKI, TLS...)
- Knowledge of Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Java development frameworks (Apache CXF) or middleware (IBM MQ, JBoss Fuse) is a strong asset
The following additional skills are an advantage:
- Java 8
- JBoss Fuse
- IBM MQ
- Apache CXF(SOAP Webservices)
- Jira, Confluence
- Agile methodology
What we offer Company & department description
- Fluent in English Strong communication; fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Team player
- Adaptability & responsiveness to change
- Quality oriented, meticulous, rigorous, disciplined
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10,500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
SWIFT IT KL is looking for a C/C++/Java Developer to strengthen the KL Interface Applications development team. The team will be responsible for delivering scalable, high quality, secure, mission critical financial software to the global financial industry.