Director - Analytics and Cognitive (Japan Collaboration)- MY
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. Work you will do
We are seeking exceptional, highly skilled individuals to join our Japanese Client Services / Japan SEA Collaboration .
Recognizing the strong momentum of investment by Japanese companies' in ASEAN, our Consulting groups in Southeast Asia and Japan launched a collaboration in 2012 to provide a wide range of business consulting services for over 100 Japanese clients across the region, including some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world.
In response to the expansion of Japanese businesses in Southeast Asia, there have been numerous collaboration initiatives between Deloitte Southeast Asia and Japan since 2012. Now there are over 100 consultants of diverse nationalities across the ASEAN region focusing on Japanese clients. We also have a joint training program for new consultants, and through the engagements with multinationals and ASEAN companies, we are able to build their capabilities and experience and provide our people with meaningful experiences, and a unique career path.
As a leader of the Analytics & Cognitive practice, you will drive the growth of our Intelligent Automation (IA) business in the region and be responsible for the creation, sale and delivery of IA solutions: robotic process automation, intelligent character recognition, chatbots/virtual assistants and artificial intelligence (e.g. machine learning and natural language processing). Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Directors across our Firm are expected to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Lead and act as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels, whilst continuously promoting a sense of loyalty and energizes others to act.
- Build and sustain a high performance culture by cultivating and amplifying individual and team strengths.
- Continuously develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiates Deloitte.
- Develop and sustain long-term, trust-based relationships with stakeholders, clients and team
- Communicates strategic direction effectively, to excite people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse teams to achieve success.
- Manage the sustainable development of a strong pipeline of talent for current and future success, by driving a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte.
- Lead behavioral and cultural change through a supportive, collaborative and highly inclusive environment where team members feels supported, respected and engaged
If you are someone with:
- Masters' Degree in computer science, statistics/mathematics, engineering or business administration
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant experience with solid experience in the sales cycle and in leading project teams
- Proficiency in the Japanese language (Business Level) due to regional project requirements.
- Either external (e.g. Big 5), internal (MNC) consulting or industry related experience
- Impressive sales and business development track-record
- Ability to work independently and manage large projects and business transformations
- Certified with a robotic process automation vendor (e.g. Blue Prism) and/or AI platform (e.g. Google Professional Data Engineer)
- Experience implementing cognitive automation technologies: robotic process automation, intelligent character recognition, chatbots/virtual assistants and/or artificial intelligence (e.g. machine learning and natural language processing)
- Understanding of data science concepts and mastery of at least one programming language: e.g. C, Java, .Net, Python
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualise new approaches and solutions
- Strong business acumen with solid analytical skills and conceptual thinking
- Strong experience directly interfacing with senior business and IT stakeholders and strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including a proven track record in developing and conducting interviews, focus groups and presentations
- Drive, tenacity, entrepreneurship, client focused and results oriented. You enjoy working methodically and with a great attention to detail.
- You are happy to travel and communicate confidently in English.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
In addition to strong client service orientation, we are also seeking talented leaders who have the capability to deliver quality solutions with superior analytical and problem solving skills. Besides excellent interpersonal and communication skills, candidates should have proven demonstration of sound business acumen, teamwork and leadership qualities. An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel is a pre-requisite. Next Steps
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.