Director, Compliance, Equity Aggregation
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
This position reports to the Head of Compliance, Surveillance and Conduct, Corporate and Institutional Banking, as a (title). The primary responsibility will include performing equity aggregation work for Standard Chartered Group (“the Group”) for the purpose of large equity position reporting. Incumbent will be based in Malaysia.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the aggregation of equity position across the Group’s business entities globally.
- Define problem statement and design an enhance equity aggregation model and system.
- Partner with Technology Department to deliver solution for equity aggregation.
- Engage with Country Compliance from the relevant countries and ensure that the relevant country rules and Group Equity Aggregation Policy is kept up to date.
- Supervise day to day equity aggregation work and ensure that the Group’s equity position are aggregated accurately based on the equity aggregation rules of various countries.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong understanding of equity disclosure rules in various countries, such as but not limited to Singapore’s Companies Act and Securities and Futures Act, India’s Takeover Code and Prohibition of Insider Trading Regulation and such.
- Knowledge and experience in making disclosure of equity position disclosures to issuers, exchanges and regulators.
- Ability to craft clear business requirement documents for Technology and policies and procedures to guide team members executing aggregation work.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to engage people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to make certain decisions, willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Delivery of high quality work, in a limited amount of time.
- Think with an “international” mindset.
- Motivated and willingness take on new responsibilities.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Good collaboration skills, especially with front office and technology partners.