Executive, Financial Crime Compliance
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(key accountabilities) Sanctions Screening - Alert review
Transaction Monitoring/ Review
- Perform daily and monthly review of alerts generated by OWS system within the stipulated turnaround time.
- Daily reconciliation on number of records being screened against source data.
- Ensure prompt updates of manual data from respective Business Unit.
- Follow-up with respective Business Unit to obtain additional information for verification.
- Inform respective Business Unit on potential true match cases if it requires further due diligence within the same day.
- Liaise with PCA IT Team on OWS System related issue and work out for solutions.
Perform Screening for Names of Individual or Entities provided by Authorities
- Review Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) escalated from Branches & Operation Team.
- Prepare STRs write-up for reporting and ensure timely submission to Financial Intelligence Enforcement Department (FIED) of BNM.
- Assist in delivering ad-hoc reviews as may be assigned from time to time.
Training & Awareness
- E-mail to the respective Business Functions to perform screening from customer database such as DMTM, Group Insurance, MRTA, SPMRTA etc.
- Perform screening from core systems such as Open System and Integral Life.
- Gather the requested information from Open System and Integral Life.
- Gather the information provided by Business Functions and compile in the Reply Template provided by Authorities.
- Reply to Authorities within the stipulated timeline.
- Assist in conducting AML/CFT trainings to all staff or relevant Business Functions to refresh/improve their understanding on AML/CFT matters.
- Degree in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration or other related discipline.
- 1 - 2 years related working experience; working knowledge in the area of Compliance or Auditing function would be an advantage.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Basic knowledge of insurance, banking, asset management or other related financial services operations.
- Basic understanding of compliance principles and best ethical practices.
- General understanding of regulatory guidelines governing the insurance industry or other related financial services.