- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- flyGlobal Charter Sdn Bhd
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
The Finance Director will be based in Kuala Lumpur, we are a growing wet leasing aircraft company serving international airlines. We are seeking for someone to join our team as a Finance Director who will be responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations and provide strategic leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
The Finance Director will:
- Develop and implement finance and accounting processes and procedures and ensure accounting records and supporting information systems are maintained;
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards and manage all risks;
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of periodic financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards, as well as preparation of other financial and management reports and analyses required by top management;
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, statutory, tax and budgetary requirements and assist in obtaining and maintaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to operate the business;
- Lead budgeting processes, cash management and tax planning;
- Develop and implement purchasing and supply chain management; and
- Be part of the management team in developing and the implementation of strategic business and/or financial operational plans, projects, programs and systems to enhance company growth, profitability and value creation.
Skills and Experience
- A Postgraduate Degree in Finance or Accounting and/or holder of a professional accounting qualification;
- At least 10 years’ experience in senior-level finance or accounting position as part of the senior management team, preferably within the airline industry;
- Versatility in mindset and approach - applying disciplined approach to work as necessary but able to always be innovative to offer creative ideas and solutions - in providing consultative support to management initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations; and
- Leadership skills and empathy to develop and mentor subordinates in the Finance team.