The role is for a reputable shipping company based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the CFO and managing 8-10 staff.
- Prepare quarterly announcements as required by Bursa Regulations
- Prepare regular financial reports and packages
- Managing board matters and relations
- Ensure timely preparation and review of monthly group financial statements
- Prepare and present financial reports to the board at quarterly intervals
- Manage daily operational accounting duties
- Manage the strategic and financial management of the finance & accounting department
- Run projects to implement process improvements and harmonize standards and processes across the Group.
- Ensure compliance with accounting, tax, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Prepare for and manage internal and external audits.
Business Partnering and Controlling
- Act as a business partner by collaborating with businesses and functions to support the development of the businesses of the Group
- Partnering the businesses through providing accurate and timely financial reports
- Oversee annual budgeting and periodic forecasting for the Group
- Support the business functions on investment and financing related matters.
- Capital investment appraisals/monitoring.
- 3 years experience with Bursa reporting and meeting statutory requirements
- About 10 years’ experience in a Finance controlling environment
- Leadership experience is a must