Financial Advisory : Valuation & Modeling Associate
Financial Advisory : Valuation & Modeling Associate What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
You will serve as an Associate working closely with 2 to 3 project managers on multiple client engagements and work with a number of colleagues and clients in a range of industries. You will have a chance to expose to various activities within merger and acquisition life cycle, with focus on value advisory, throughout your role as an Associate.
You will play an active role in all aspects of the engagement. This includes writing of proposal, executing of engagement, building of financial model, drafting of report and communication with all levels of the stakeholders.
Your role as a leader
- Writing of proposal typically involves conducting research, understanding of the relevant market and industry and identifying information required for the subject asset.
- Executing of engagement normally involves understanding client's merger and acquisition requirements, particularly from valuation perspective, which will require good understanding in target asset's industry, its financial statements, for evaluating the target asset.
- Building financial model and drafting of report usually involves identifying information required for application of the selected valuation methodologies, conducting research, gathering and analysing relevant information, benchmarking and assessing the reasonableness of the assumptions adopted, contributing to interim presentations and report materials.
- Communication to all levels of the stakeholders includes communicating effectively to all levels of engagement management and participating actively in meetings with clients and/or stakeholders for projects.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Strong academic credentials from reputable universities, minimum CGPA of 3.2 and above with outstanding academic credentials, with relevant degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering or law. Master Degree will be an added advantage;
- Ability to understand and analyse target asset's financial statements, business model and its industry;
- good understanding in merger & acquisition life cycle as well as technical knowledge in valuation and financial modeling;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and have strong interest in learning Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Be able to work in a collaborative environment in a diverse team and work independently with minimal supervision when needed.