Full Stack Web Developer (Java)
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer (Java) who excels at creating an exceptional user experience to join us.
Based in Kuala Lumpur, you are required to design, develop specifications, code, install, test and maintain high quality application software and associated tools in line with Agile squad objectives, policies and procedures and under guidance of a more senior squad member. As a driving force of tecnological change, we operate in a true agile way. You will have a unique opportunity to expand your reach in terms of knowledge, network and build your expertise through SWIFT's global platform.
We want the right people. If you've got what it takes we will have a role for your level of expertise. What to expect
What will make you successful? Qualifications:
- You will work within an agile development squad and be accountable for refining business requirements, and provide sound technical solution.
- You will design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- Quality is part of everything you do.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation.
- You will design and implement integration and automated tests.
- You will assist with the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
- You will prepare specifications, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, etc. for software tasks.
- You will review designs, code, unit test and technical documentation created by other developers.
- You will analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
- You will prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.
- You will work collaboratively with other squad members and provide guidance to more junior squad members.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
- You will provide coaching and training to more junior squad members based in KL.
- You will provide timing/scheduling estimates to squad Product Owner and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary.
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
- You will demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
- You will organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
- You will collaborate with UX designers and other engineers to innovate and implement the components of the design system.
- University degree in Computer Science or related disciplines/equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of IT development experience preferably in an international setting.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Some Java development knowledge: Core and Web Java, Spring Framework, RESTful services, Junit, Tomcat, Eclipse
- Experience and knowledge of using Confluence and Jira
- Build the design system code in Angular 2 and above
- Full-stack development experience
- Strong knowledge of web-service related technologies: XML, Ajax, JSON, RESTFul web-services
- Strong application database knowledge: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in continuous integration/delivery build environment: GIT/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Coverage and Static/Dynamic Analysis tools.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
Professional Skills Requirements:
What we offer [ click here ] SWIFT - Make your impact [ click here ]
- Creativity and innovation
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Time management, planning and organizing
- Ability to work well in both a team and individual environment
- Quality oriented
- Engaged and team oriented
- Open communication
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team.
Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Birgit Van Diest - Engineering Lead, Customer Interactions
Noorazman Kamaruddin - Hiring Manager