GM Product Control Officer
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 21 Oct 17 2017-10-21
GM Product Control Officer
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Offering clients direct access to the rapid growth in emerging markets worldwide, HSBC Global Markets complements local knowledge in 60 countries with a sophisticated understanding of global economics. Focusing on four principal asset classes - foreign exchange, rates, credit and equities - Global Markets offers unrivalled investment expertise and market knowledge to global investors.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Treasury Finance Officer.
- Ensures the effectiveness of Global Markets reporting;
- Minimises the risk of losses through fraud and error;
- Contributes to the effectiveness of financial control;
- Providing operational support to Global Markets;
- Maintain and operate Group/Local Finance/Global Markets systems;
- Contributes to the operational efficiency of the section;
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational risk to minimise the likelihood of it occurring;
- Performs analytical review of Global Market Forex (GM FX) activities:
- analytical review of activity is crucial to minimise the risk of losses through fraud and error
- perform investigations and resolve any anomalies
- ensuring implementation of Functional Instruction Manual (FIM) and regulatory guidelines
- Preparation of management reporting by contributing to management decision making through timely preparation of reports;
- Retail buy-in reconciliation to ensure that all FX risk are transferred to Global Markets and to protect the Bank from taking incorrect hedging positions due to errors in booking or wrong buy-in;
- Daily operations of Treasury Finance FX desk :
- responsible for day-to-day tasks such as accounting entries and collation of data for Global Markets which is essential for up-to-date record keeping of Treasury statistics and accounts, as well as monitoring of risk position for Global Markets.
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting with related work experience would be an advantage;
- Preferably strong understanding of the Global Markets environment and its products well to effectively prepare returns which are subject to constant changes;
- Sound understanding of Global Markets/Treasury systems to effectively perform reconciliations, analyse data and resolve snag items;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and interacts well with all levels of staff and stakeholders;
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Able to work independently and a team player;
- High computer literacy and systems aptitude - must be adept in using Excel and preferably familiar with working with various systems;
- Knowledge of Treasury products would be an added advantage.