GST Tax Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
GST Tax Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance aims to provide HSBC with a professional, effective and responsive finance service that operates at optimal cost and employs a common and transparent global model.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of GST Tax Manager.
The incumbent will assist the Senior Tax Manager in managing the taxation matters of the HSBC Group of companies in Malaysia to ensure compliance with Malaysian tax laws as well as the Group's Functional Instruction Manual (FIM)s, policies and procedures.
- Attend to tax matters of HSBC entities including the preparation and submission of Goods and Services Tax (GST), tax returns and operational taxes;
- Prepare the accounting for tax reporting as required for local and Group Reporting Chart of Account (GRCA) reporting;
- Assist with other taxation matters where required;
- Attend to tax queries received from Businesses and Support Functions relating to tax including Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Global Standards;
- Liaise with the tax authorities on any queries raised/clarification sought;
- Ensure developments relating to tax is communicated to impacted parties on a timely basis;
- Carry out transactional and operational tax testing based on the framework provided by Group Tax;
- Monitor and review tax risk both as first and second line of defence to ensure compliance with all tax obligations of the company.
- Preferably a member of a professional accounting body and/or with an accounting degree with relevant experience in finance related work;
- A good understanding and appreciation of banking products and international standards and accounting practices;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Possess strong analytical ability to understand and resolve issues;
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.