Global Mobility Tax (Individual Tax), Manager
As part of our People Advisory Services - Global Mobility Tax team, you will help our clients manage their business issues relating to their global workforce by providing tax, immigration and global mobility HR policy compliances and advisory services to their international assignees. The opportunity
You'll focus on helping our clients meet their complex tax obligations associated with their global mobility programmes. Under the guidance of partners, managers and with the assistance of associates, you will work with your engagement teams to deliver high quality tax advisory and compliance services encompassing a variety of global mobility issues including compensation and benefits, tax, social security and even immigration. Our advisory services include tax technical analysis of global mobility arrangements, reviews of compensation and benefits and development of global mobility policies whilst our compliance services focus on the preparation of tax returns and other statutory reporting obligations. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- You'll make technical contributions to individual tax compliance engagements.
- You'll perform engagement management activities including billing, scheduling, performance evaluation, mentoring, and managing client expectations.
- You'll participate in preparing or reviewing personal income tax returns for clients from diverse and specialised industries.
- You'll help in identifying tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation.
- You'll prepare estimated tax liabilities to assist clients in meeting its tax payment obligations.
- You'll assist Partners and Directors by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, and identifying new business opportunities.
- You'll possess and continually increase understanding of complex expatriate tax issues.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
Ideally, you'll also have
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in personal tax or a related field
What we look for
- A professional qualification in Tax
- Experience in handling Malaysia personal tax matters
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now