HSS Optimisation Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
HSS Optimisation Manager
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
As part of the world's leading international bank, HSBC Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, HSBC Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing and corporate trust and loan agency services.
As the Optimisation Manager we will analyse, manage and implement operational design recommendations including Corporate Actions / Settlement/ Ancillary Services Fund Administration and Utilities. Primary responsibility is to work with DCC Management and the Operational teams to analyse and implement opportunities for Process Optimisation, Capacity creation, improved Customer experience & Risk redu ction.
This role will also be engaged with d riving standardisation and efficiency gains throughout the direct custody global network through engagement in a "virtual optimisation team" across the HSS network. The role specializes in designing a controlled, and cost effective best operating model for the local branch, regional network and clients.
· Analysing and designing improved service delivery and enhance the target operating model locally and across the HSS network for all Products. Work closely with the branch service delivery and other teams to identify areas of business inefficiency, analyse the change options, recommend changes and implement agreed process/ system changes to achieve improvement.
· Working with the branch and regional Service Delivery Optimisation team and Product to review the operating model to ensure efficiencies are identified, quantified and where appropriate are improved or removed. Operational design should be made without compromising risk and service standards. Delivery to be measured by the achievement of cost, quality and performance targets.
· The programs identified are to result in adoption of 'best practice' and improvements in the areas of reducing operational risk and improving processing activities. Implementation should take into consideration of minimum service standard / SLA.
· Accountable for the local design of process improvement, provide suggestion to support fundamental change requiring IT development, cultural change, identification of market and enhancement of client experience and regional engagement for ideas sharing through regional optimisation virtual team.
· Identify standard / market practices / client requests. Propose effective and efficient service delivery model despites of the variances.
· Assist to shape the operating model, design and propose service improvement through system and process change. Work with Service Delivery Optimisation team, Change, Product and IT to bring the best fit delivering system that can support the best delivery model.
· Continuous review and refine the operating processes in conjunction with branch and client services, ensuring the balance between covering client requirements and sustainable business practices is maintained at all times.
· Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which we are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
· 7+ years' experience in custody operations.
· To be a change advocate to work across the region.
· Broad experience in Malaysia Market or other markets in Securities Services.
· Proven track record of effecting positive change in relation to operational functions
· Strong stakeholder management skills.
· Creative, challenging personality who is independently driven to deliver.
· Skills in Macro's, SQL. Strongly preferred.