Head, Analytics Infra & Technology
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Hong Leong Bank Berhad
- 17 Aug 17 2017-08-17
Head, Analytics Infra & Technology
Embarking on a comprehensive multi-year regional BIG DATA and Analytics transformational journey encompassing products, channels and services across the different markets. We are looking for Head of Regional Analytics Infrastructure and Technology to develop the analytics infrastructure strategy and lead a team of analytics technologists to deliver state of the art solutions and data platforms.
- Responsible for the analytics data platform ranging from Data Extraction, Datamart Development and Performance and Scheduling of critical jobs.
- Lead, Manage and drive a team of data analyst whose job responsibility include defining requirements to assist IT in developing, building data marts, data modeling and data cleansing.
- Develop strategy and oversee large enterprise in the areas of Campaign Technology, Business Intelligence, and Complex Event Programming.
- Strategic thought leadership around new emerging technologies (Machine Learning, Watson, Hadoop). Evaluate vendors and launch selective pilots.
- Interface and liaise between the analytics, IT and Business team to ensure critical projects and initiatives are delivered on time and schedule.
- Strategize, plan and lead the centralization and standardization of data management for the bank regionally to ensure data consistencies for reporting.
- Mentor and develop analytical talent for the long term.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders and data owners of the Bank to understand the business rules to facilitate the development of the analytic layer in the development of respective marts for data mining, analysis and business reporting.
- Highlight and recommend appropriate actions to any data quality issues encountered during the course of project(s) and ongoing BAU data loads to management in order for rectification and closing process gaps.
- Work closely with IT personnel/Vendors to understand the logical data model of data warehouse and Business Users on strategic and operational matters to ensure Warehouse solution meets the Financial Group future requirements (Multi Bank, Multi region, Multi Country, Insurance).
- Maintains a data dictionary and data standard across all tables in data warehouse.
- Proactively manage and maintain compliance to data security requirements including BNM, PDPA, any other relevant external authorities requirements and Internal policies in place from time to time.
Managerial (team/group responsibilities)
- Work closely with ETL Lead, solution Architect, Data Modeler, Business Analysts to understand business requirements, providing expert knowledge and solutions on data warehousing, ensuring delivery of business needs in a timely cost-effective manner.
- Provide advisory and business support to internal customers within the Group on advance analytics and capabilities of automation via data warehouse and respective marts.
- Develop bench strength via coaching and staff development within the team, including career and key man management.
- Extensive Experience with warehouses (Teradata), relational databases and fundamentals of physical and logical data models.
- Previous experience with Extensive development of analytical datamarts and job scheduling and performance tuning.
- Understanding of new areas of emerging analytic technologies including multiple Business Analytics and MIS delivery products.
- Excellent software architecture skills (component-based software development, non-functional analysis, service oriented architecture expertise).
- A passion for technology - keeps abreast of industry best practice, always looking to improve how things are done.
- Proven ability to leads teams to deliver strategic programs.
- Minimum 15 year in a wide range of IT functional areas and proven ability to operate at senior level and regional roles.