Head, Balance Sheet Management
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Head, Balance Sheet Management
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Head, Balance Sheet Management
Responsible for managing and ensuring the effective running of Country Alco and optimizing the structural liquidity and capital positions of SCBMB and Saadiq at all times. The incumbent is required to closely monitor and scrutinize the Banks' capital and liquidity positions through the robust review of the Balance Sheet movements in relation to the business strategies & operations. Opportunities and issues are identified and recommendations made at Alco for policy decisions and strategic business directions. The responsibilities include ensuring the implementation of revised structural and capital requirements incorporating Regulatory changes and alignment with Group to achieve optimum position for both the banks.
- Effective management of the capital positions of SCBMB & Saadiq to ensure adequate and efficient capital to support the business strategies and asset growth objectives. Provide value added advice to Alco members to ensure the banks' capitals are efficiently employed to facilitate business strategic agenda and achieve maximum return on capital.
- Regular review of the capital positions to identify opportunities in optimizing the capital mix via capital restructuring exercise. Recommend to Alco the most efficient types of capital instrument to be issued in order to achieve minimum funding cost and maximum returns on capital.
- Drive and undertake capital issuance process in liaison with the Regulators and other Government Authorities and mobilizing the relevant stakeholder locally and Group to ensure completion by the target timelines.
- Kept abreast of changing global/local economic and financial market developments and analyze their impacts on our banks. Recommend a robust and forward looking capital plans to Alco for deliberation and decision where appropriate.
- Closely monitor the structural liquidity positions of SCBMB and Saadiq and recommend to Alco the appropriate actions where required to ensure the Loan/Deposit ratios of the banks are maintained at healthy levels at all times.
- Championing the implementation of Group initiatives of Building Balance Sheet Momentum Roadmap in driving optimum liquidity position.
- Drive implementation of changes in Regulations relating to Capital and Structural Liquidity management of the Bank.
- Develop and put in place a robust capital management process in line with the requirements of Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) under Pillar 2 of Basel II.
- Provide strong support to CEO and CFO in driving active and effective discussions of Alco agenda at Alco meetings to ensure policy decisions for managing the country Balance Sheet are in line with business strategic directions to achieve maximum country performance.
- Responsibility also extends to activities supporting Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad.
- Recovery & Resolution Planning (RRP)
- Responsible for supporting the CEO in ensuring all local requirements around recovery and resolution are appropriately assigned in-country and engaging with the Group Recovery and Resolution teams.
- Ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and assure compliance with all local RRP regulatory requirements.
Proposition - A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...