Head, Credit Review Malaysia
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Business
- To provide the management with an independent assessment of the portfolio, the overall quality of the credit portfolio and an evaluation of the credit appraisal and monitoring process
- To understand the strategy for the Business functions
- Maintain and develop personal risk capabilities and skills to meet on-going needs and plans
People and Talent
- Provide assurance that the credit monitoring process is sufficiently robust
- Contribute to the improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the credit risk function
- To track and escalate significant issues and findings that remain unresolved
- Review and refine credit review framework to optimize resources whilst maintaining review coverage for a fair and reflective assessment to be conducted [Team Manager]
- Lead through example and demonstrate the appropriate culture and values within the function and across the organization
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Undertake a detailed review of the credit quality, focusing on the credit approval quality of individual credits
- Ensure credit approval quality is satisfactory by conducting regular reviews of samples of International Corporates and Commercial Banking Business Credit Applications (BCAs) approved
- Provide an independent assessment of the credit process
- Maintain a good understanding of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealing with regulators
- Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk framework including the effective application of risk toolkit (self-assessments, KRIs, CSTs, etc) and reporting
- Actively participate in key committees through standing membership such as CIC (i.e EA committees)
- Ensure that Regulatory and Compliance requirements such as AML, CDD, etc (to be updated from time to time) are also reviewed in samples of International Corporates and Commercial Banking Business Credit Applications (BCAs) approved
- Country CEO
- Country CRO
- Business Heads - IC and CB
- Senior Credit Officer
- Head, Group Special Assets Management
Our Ideal Candidate
- Auditors / Government regulators
- Has a proven track record as a Credit approver role for the Corporate/ Commercial Business
- Is able to communicate effectively with senior management and regulators
- Has a good understanding of the framework in which the business operates
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .