Head Unit Trust
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 03 Oct 17 2017-10-03
Supervise and manage on compliance and operational matters on Unit Trust Funds in accordance with the Trust Deed, SC Guidelines and other relevant applicable laws and regulations governing the industry
- ensure the performance of compliance checks by UTF team on investment exposure for the each unit trust funds, ensuring asset of unit trust funds are registered in the name of MTB as trustee and custodian of the unit trust fund and monitor the operation and management of the fund.
- notify SC of any irregularities, any breach of the provisions of the Deed, Prospectus, SC Guidelines, securities laws, and other applicable laws, guidelines, rules, and regulations or other matter regarded by the trustee not in the interest of unit holders by the management company.
- review, comment and recommend on the draft Prospectus, draft Trust Deed/Supplemental Deeds for new Funds and/ or existing Funds, to sign on the draft Interim and Annual Report of the Funds and the monthly submission of UTF’s compliance report to SC as to ensure the information disclosed are accurate and comply with SC guidelines.
- managing day to day operations on unit trust funds including to authorize trade confirmation to local and global custodian through the respective custody module system, approving payments and funds transfer to ensure payments are within the cut of time stipulated by the financial institutions. To review and approve Management Companies’ proposals for distribution payments.
- ensure settlement of securities by UTF team support are within the Bursa Malaysia and relevant foreign market settlement cycles, to take control of the fund’s property and the proposal for distribution is comply with the SC guidelines and are in the best interests of unit holders.
- timely and efficient work management, be well informed and knowledgeable of the latest developments in work related areas and applying timely and workable solutions to problems by having an adequate information and experience to carry on business as a trustee
- increase MTB’s remuneration via good service standards, to retain and increase MTB’s remuneration and market share for Unit Trust Funds.
- formulate and review Manuals.
- streamline and automate work processes to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- At least minimum 4 years in the trustee industry
- Possess critical and strategic thinking skills
- Proactive and has a head for figures
- Ability to comprehend legal documents and provide suggestions for improvements
- Meticulous and conscientious
- Positive attitude towards continuous on the job learning and improving job knowledge to be in tandem with the market
- Strong communication skills & interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer focused and committed to meet up to customers’ needs without compromising risks of MTB