This world class leading Bank is seeking a Head of Audit, Global Business Services (GBS) for its Group Internal Audit Function. The Head of Audit, GBS is responsible for establishing and managing the GBS Audit Team, to undertake the risk assessment and to ensure the GBS Audit Plan appropriately addresses the key risks in GBS and to form an independent view of the control environment. This role is responsible for developing strong stakeholder relationships with the purpose of understanding the respective functions in GBS and to identify and advice emerging risks. The Head of Audit, GBS will also be responsible for maintaining effective relationships with Functional and Regional Heads of Audit to effectively execute the Audit Plan in GBS and to provide people oversight over functional and regional teams based in GBS. Specific responsibilities include: People and Talent
• Demonstrate strong leadership and drive build out and establishment of a collaborative, delivery focused and talented team in GBS.
• Engage closely with the onshore Heads of Audits to provide leadership and oversight over GBS Audit Teams
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Responsible for necessary training / learning and development programmes to execute their role and to maintain any professional qualifications and memberships.
• Responsible for ensuring that all phases of the audit cycle are consistently completed in line with the requirements of GIA methodology.
• Consistent high quality audit work produced during fieldwork including providing oversight to ensure detailed and accurate documentation of test results, clear and accurate audit issues and effective communication both with the audit team as well as the auditee
• Be engaged with and provide feedback to all audits performed by the functional teams in GBS
• Oversee the team, which represents the third line of defence and provides independent assurance of the effectives of management’s control of business activities (the first line) and of the processes maintained by the Risk Control Functions (the second line).
• Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process
• Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit risk assessment and planning
• Monitor the implementation / delivery of the agreed audit plan for the GBS as assigned
• Understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any overdue audit issues to the appropriate committees
• Attend key GBS risk committees and governance meetings on a regular basis to provide the right challenge to ensure risks are appropriately identified and remediated.
• Ensure significant risks in the GBS are escalated to the relevant PHOA/FHOA and/or in updates to MT
• Working experience or knowledge of risk based audit approaches, audit methodologies, audit software and toolkits;
• Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with an ability to influence and an ability to gain the respect of senior management, regional stakeholders, peers and their team;
• Ability to exercise independency, good professional judgment and objectivity;
• Ability to demonstrate integrity, honesty, flexibility, trustworthiness in the performance of activities;
• Ability to foster a participative and cooperative working environment; to engage and work cross functionally, transverse cultural diversity and geographies;
• A self-starter, who accepts personal responsibility, is results orientated and who can work independently with minimal supervision but can also collaborate and work within in a team;
• Ability to act as a change agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
Related professional audit certification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, ICMA, IIA, CISA. CIA etc) is desirable but not essential.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
LMA Recruitment Singapore Pte Ltd (EA Licence No. 11C4684)
(EA Reg no: R1216327)