Head of HR Advisory
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 19 May 18 2018-05-19
Head of HR Advisory
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Human Resources (HR) leads the implementation of the Group's People strategy, facilitating talent management, succession planning and employee mobility while defining and overseeing frameworks that support employee performance management, reward, learning and development, resourcing and engagement. Ensuring talent practices support relevant stakeholders and reflect HSBC values, the function reviews the people implications of business plans while delivering policies, projects, processes and activities in support of business objectives.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Head of HR Advisory.
- Responsible for oversight of the HR advisors relationship management and co-ordination of support for multi-stranded enquiries.
- Accountable for ongoing adherence to the global (customer contact) process design. Work in partnership with Global Service Owners/regional and country teams to ensure governance oversight of their service is appropriately handled and that insight and experience is shared to provide simplified and holistic experiences for customers across service offering.
- Responsible for oversight of HSBC Malaysia to ensure adherence to HR advisors SLA's, sharing best practice and insight, driving consistency and cost efficiency across HR advisors within Malaysia.
- Responsible for the oversight of budgets and FTE within HR advisory team.
- To coach and enable HR advisors to support Managers in the business to deal effectively with people issues by providing customer driven advice and guidance to on complex enquiries relating to all aspects of HR Services, handing off or involving specialist service areas where required
- To provide managers in the business the right guidance to deal effectively with complex people issues having taken a risk based approach within the commercial context and considering the need to protect and promote the bank's reputation. Support the Global Service owners reduce people management related risks through earlier intervention, coaching and support
- Develop Team Members by providing mentoring, training and guidance. Ensuring the HR Advisors share knowledge across the team to ensure overall understanding
- Ensure the implications of defined key performance and risk indicators and their respective service level agreements are understood and met.
- Ensure the adoption of the ServiceNow tools to manage queries effectively, ensuring case details are logged accurately and no data or privacy risk concerns
- Ensure that any gaps in service quality or cost against defined service level agreements are identified on a timely basis
- To be able to demonstrate adherence to and maintain HSBC internal control standards relating to compliance, data submission and use of IT systems/HR record systems
- Facilitate and support the identification of areas for improvement to the HR advisory service
- Ensure robust risk control management for the HR advisory services across the region.
- Manage successful resolution of any audit findings and work with regional risk and BRCMs to ensure compliance to agreed risk controls
- Extensive management experience in HR services with a high level of understanding of HR globally and especially regional context
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, influencing, facilitation & stakeholder management skills across all levels of management.
- Deep understanding of operational risk and experience in identifying & implementing controls to mitigate such risks.
- Ability to work under pressure in a matrix environment with conflicting demands.
- Strong business analysis skills to develop robust service design solutions
- Experience of digital and Strong change management experience especially implementation of new HR Operating model, including new processes, systems and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Well developed analytical, problem solving and decision making skills combined with influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure within demanding and changing timescales/deadlines
- The ability to rapidly develop a detailed knowledge customer contact practices and procedures.
- Evidence of success in an operational HR role
- A good understanding of the principles of Employee relations.
- A sound working knowledge of HR principles and procedures.
- Desire to grow Knowledge of HR systems, tools and digitial ways of working
- Ability to re-prioritise
- Proactive approach to customer service
- Able to demonstrate use of initiative
- Previous experience in a customer-facing environment
- HR Professional qualification preferred.