Head of Payments Operation
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Operations, Services and Technology combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Head of Payments Operations, GCB 4
Provide leadership & oversight over the operations & business optimisation of the department including oversight management for the Global Service Centre (GSC) teams. Contribute & implement effective operating platform in line with MYH's business strategies, and also contribute to the strategic development of people within the department & in alignment with operations. To ensure that the work being performed are in compliance with established controls and procedures as required by rules and guidelines ie. BIM, FIM, audit recommendations, local regulations and business practices. To participate in industry and bank wide initiative directly/indirectly related to Payment Services.
Plan, lead and manage Payment Operations. Key aim is to manage resources to ensure cost effectiveness (& hence profitability), increase process efficiencies in a customer centric way with service excellence in mind, provide leadership to department and manage internal customers' expectations & perceptions within areas of responsibilities & in line with MYH's strategic service & business objectives
- Contribute to cost efficiency of areas under his/her responsibility.
- Contribute to the efficient operations of the department and to work towards zero defect processing
- Contribute to the development and staff's training by identify the appropriate training needs.
- To maintain and observe the right controls to mitigate HSBC's risks exposures
- Safeguards the Bank from potential loss arising from fraud and regulatory breaches/risk
- Safeguard the Bank against financial, system, compliance & reputational.
- To adhere to the Financial Crime Risk's policies and FIMs. This includes Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing & Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
- The major challenge of the jobholder is to ensure a high standard of operational efficiency and customer service of the highest level by providing solutions to customers' needs without compromising on accuracy and internal control measures.
- Knowledge in Cross border and domestic payment processing standards as well as Cash Balance of Payments requirements.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Strong understanding of the applicable regulatory & compliance requirements relating to Payment Processing and Cash Balance of Payments
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizing and prioritization skills
- Strong numerical skills - capacity planning and resource optimization
- Strong leadership skills - ability to motivate and manage small teams
- S trong decision making skills - ability to take tough decisions keeping in mind business objectives
- Strong problem solving skills - ability to think quickly and act in tough situations
- Self-driven with a 'Can Do' approach