Head of Pricing
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description General Accountability:
Actuaries evaluate, manage and advise on financial risks based on their knowledge of business and economics, together with their understanding of survival model, probability theory, statistics and investment theory, to provide strategic, commercial and financial advice. The Head of Pricing is a multi-incumbent position, depending on the needs of the department and reports to the Pricing Officer.
This position is accountable for building and reviewing of pricing models, assessing the product risks and assisting the product implementation. Responsibilities:
- Determine appropriate premium/charge/benefit/product features of the products. Assess the financial impact of the products and review pricing models. Ensure the profitability of the products meet the corporate and regulatory requirements. Identify and manage the risks associated with the products.
- Key lead in product development/pricing process to ensure smooth and timely launch of all pricing deliverables.
- Work closely with regional office and regulator on product approval. This also includes the valuation methodology and assumptions of the products.
- Oversee the pricing team and provide necessary guidance/coaching to the team to facilitate knowledge transfer, smooth transition of tasks and enhance the overall performance of the team.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Degree holder, preferably after attainment of Fellowship.
- Preferably at least 10 years relevant experience with supervisory exposure.
- Good time management and analytical skills.
- Solid background in product pricing.
- Demonstrate ability to apply actuarial theories to develop practical solutions to various assignments and projects.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of actuarial software.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.