IT Business Analyst
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description General Description:
- Supports specific businesses with implementing, maintaining and updating business process and workflows.
- Translates user requirements into business requirements; develops workplan to implement changes.
- Coordinates between different units to implement agreed changes.
- Provides support to business areas, investigate operational related problems/inquiries, and recommend and implement solutions
- Works as directed by management team to research and document business issues involving workflow procedures and processes
- Analyzes data and work with management to develop creative solutions
- Coordinates recommended process changes, enhancements and product implementations including test plans to ensure successful implementation
- Collaborates and coordinate across multiple stakeholders to implement projects with required quality standards and within budget
- Translates business and user requirements into technical requirements, develop business requirement documents and specifications
- Develops cost/benefit analyses to design budget and resource management program
- Acts as business unit liaison with other business units including Information Systems, etc.
- Identifies and recommends staff training needs in response to process changes or new product/system implementations
- Works well in independent or team basis as situation dictates
- Manages relationships with vendors
- Determines the acceptance testing framework and standards to assess completed
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Good understanding of project management methodologies and workflow design
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others to meet project deadlines
- Understanding of system design and analysis and user testing; good problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels
- Effective interviewing, facilitation and presentation skills
- Collaborative attitude, willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in code reviews, share skills and methods
- Constantly learns from both success and failure
- Good organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2019, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.