- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Investment Specialist.
- Deployed to add value to clients with more complex needs, e.g. top-tier and mid-tier Premier clients and is assigned to a team of Premier Relationship Managers (PRMs).
- Assists PRMs in understanding clients better, meeting clients together with PRMs when required, making suitable recommendations and helping clients understand the value and risks of solutions available to them.
- Conduct product training to support and deliver new product launches and lead client education events to help client gain better knowledge of financial markets and financial solutions.
- Conduct portfolio reviews with PRMs, assess product suitability and market and regulatory change impact to products held by clients as appropriate, identify opportunities and manage risks,
- Join PRMs in meeting clients and provide advice, input based on technical knowledge while acting as a second point of contact to PRMs for specific products and solutions;
- Communicate effectively with clients on complex technical subjects, helping them to improve understanding of financial markets and the value and risks of financial solutions through educational events
- Initiate and conduct educational events with clients to improve clients' financial literacy and knowledge of financial markets and solutions
- Collect and apply market and channel intelligence to identify and share competitive gaps, service issues, business opportunities, and challenges with stakeholders
- Ensure that products managed by PRMs have been reviewed by appropriate Product Experts and are suitable for clients based on their risk profiles
- Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with the HSBC Bank policy standards and regulatory requirements
- Minimum of five years of working experience as a product specialist or financial advisor
- Strong client skills with the ability to deliver a strong client experience and provide needs-based solutions
- Deep knowledge of specific complex financial solutions and products including the knowledge of financial markets, socia-economic dynamics, and regulatory requirement relevant to the products
- Extensive external market awareness of market conditions, new product solutions, and an understanding of current financial market activities
- Demonstrated ability and experience to correctly identify client needs
- Solid skills to manage consultative sales process
- A solid understanding of global anti money laundering standards
- Team player with collaborative skills
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Specialisation in one or more product categories e.g. Structured Products/FX/Investments/Trusts/Estate Planning/Retirement/Protection/Mortage etc.
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market
- Attain any internal standards as required by country
- Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Technical coaching skills in area of expertise
- Experienced group presenter
- Proven ability in customising presentations to meet individual client needs
- A mature individual able to instil confidence with colleagues and clients alike
- Only Malaysians are encouraged to apply.