Lead, Proactive Problem Management
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Lead, Proactive Problem Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Problem Management is a critical support process that has a major impact on reducing the number of recurring incidents, and thus reducing the number of outages, improving service quality, and increasing availability.
In close co-operation with the other process owners & IT Operations team, your major areas of responsibilities will be as follows:
- Produce trends analysis of recurring Problems/Incidents - extract trends on Incident types, key problem areas
- Hold regular meetings with Support groups to review recurring Problems and press for final resolutions
- Produce Escalation Reports on recurring issues and issues not being resolved
- To complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
- To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
- Drive efforts to improve overall application stability and availability for applications and supporting infrastructure by ensuring Problem resolution
- To assist in the development and implementation of a 'best-in-class' Proactive Problem Management strategy
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
To set up a program, deliver coaching and run projects pan jurisdiction
Our Ideal Candidate
- High level technical understanding of IT services and their components such as servers, networks, database/middleware, data center facilities, and software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to identify and improve performance measurement and reporting processes in a large organisation.
- At least 10 years of experience with designing, implementing and maintain processes - preferably ITIL based processes
- At least 10 years of having used a Service Management tool, preferably ServiceNow and/or Remedy
- Deep knowledge of ITIL processes, certified in ITIL V3, preferably OSA or Service Operations
- Experience of creating and distributing comprehensive reports from a number of sources back to the business
- Demonstrable ability to manipulate data and summarise complex reports to present to non-specialists
- Experience of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams with a delivery focus in both project and operational environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated the ability to work proactive and show "can-do" attitude
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across teams and suppliers in order to ensure process adherence
- Ability to analyze, critical reasoning, problems solving skills and having the ability to manage complex situations, maintain a helicopter view and yet go into details, if need be
- A result-oriented approach to work and an ability to motivate others to deliver results
- Global mindset
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.